Sunday, March 16

This is what we must do now

My amazing daughter Adrienne the actress and filmmaker (whew, that was a mouthful, but every word is true) and her friends and colleagues Adam and Josh are finalists in a filmmaking contest, and you and me and everyone we know can help them win, which would could should mean serious indie film career opportunities for them. And this would make me riotously happy.

So I am thinking that you want to help. And I know you will be amazed at how easy it is for you to help, and I suspect it will make you feel very indie and Sundance and, as my 9 1/2 year old son Danny would say, "sicknasty," which is a good thing, because I know it has made me feel just the same. To help. To help them.

So, there are a few unbelievably easy steps.

To help:

1. Please click on and go to this film contest site. Don't let the Toyota connection bother you. It doesn't bother me. Also, don't be distracted by whatever video starts playing. You can even "pause" the video so it doesn't distract you. In all likelihood, it is the competition.

2. Below the little video "screen" widget on the right you will see a little box like this

Search for a video:

3. In the box, type the word NAPA. (You don't have to type it in bold red italicized caps, like I did. I was just trying to make sure you noticed it. ) Then click on the GO button.

4. Below the little video "screen" widget on the right you will see a picture of my daughter Adrienne and a link that looks like this, but possibly smaller:

5. Click on the picture - not here, but on the contest website.

6. Watch the video. As you watch it, notice the little voting widget that looks like this

Post A Response

and keep clicking on the "thumb up" as many times as you can. This is like the Texas primary-caucus, only more so. You can vote as many times as you like.

Thank you. You are a true indie spirit!

Here's a link to Adrienne's blog about the contest.