Wednesday, February 20

The Can Can

Off to spend the day with Danny today - doing the school vacation week thing. The other day we saw The Spiderwick Chronicles - not bad at all, and it's nice to see John Sayles aging gracefully and very lucratively.

It's nice to be healthy again, too. Eating right, been to the gym twice this week, and the BMGS charts tell me I am back over 40 pounds lost. Keep on, BMGS.

I am reading Sue Miller's The Senator's Wife on my Kindle and enjoying it. She is one of the most generous and forgiving people on the face of the earth, I am convinced of it, as a person and as a novelist. It came through in her presence when she used to come to my Dorchester Reading Authority bookstore to give readings over 20 years ago, it comes through in her characters, and it comes through in the work she does with prison writing programs and emerging writers through PEN.

My man Barack Obama is on a winning streak since I sent him $10. I'm not sure where this puts me in the pecking order of his campaign, but I am going to have to turn him down if he asks me to serve in his cabinet. But otherwise, Yes We Can.

0 comments: