Friday, January 15

Weighing in for the Second Week of 2010

It's been a busy week and today is more of the same, but I'm not going to miss making a nice Weigh-in Day post here.

Just like last week, I lost another 3 pounds to bring the scale down to 245, and I am feeling great. I swam a little over a half mile in the pool this morning and did my 150 ab crunches, which makes 13 of the last 16 days for that regiment, and it would have been 14 out of 16 except that -- and how's this for a barometer of a busy week -- I got all the way to the gym yesterday morning without my gym bag.

So that's 6 pounds since the first of the year, as I continue to focus on 1800 calories a day max, lots of fresh fruit and good healthy protein, and more small meals every 2-3 hours rather than stomach-stretching big meals.

Danny's mom was out of town on a biz trip for a few days during the week, so Betty and I got to spend more time than usual with him. He's getting himself into better and better shape too, and he has such incredible discipline when it comes to portion size that Betty and I have a new "What would Danny do?" mantra when it comes to thinking about seconds or super-sized prtions. I'm not saying we always live by it, but we have it.

One other fun thing that has been enriching the past couple of weeks is that the two of us have joined a parents-and-teachers chorus at Danny's middle school. They set the bar very low in terms of musical talent, but it's fun, and it's one more endorphin builder.

0 comments: