Friday, November 30

Following the regimen

Okay, this is pathetic. I haven't been backsliding (at least not until the last 24 hours), but I only lost 3.5 pounds in November, from 241.5 to 238.

That's not going to cut it.

So I am going back to the hard and fast disciplined regimen that worked so well the previous 2 months: 1750 calories of food a day, and 4-5 days a week at the gym. Period.

I am also going to get back to more frequent posting here, because I need that accountability.

I've been pulled away by an exciting work project the past few days. I won't say a lot about it now, except that I am trying to get a book out fast concerning the Amazon Kindle, and it is going well.

Fast, but also good, and helpful, that's the ticket. (Here's a chapter, if you have a Kindle to read it with).

Last night I had a big dinner at the Tavern with my pal Rena, and then at my GA meeting it was Pat B's 3rd anniversary, so I had a piece of cake. All in all I went over the top by a lot, but, well, I guess that is what it took to get me back on track.

Which is where I am today.

The good news is that, pathetic as it is by previous standards, I did lose 3.5 pounds in November. Lots of people gain something back after 2 months where they lose over 30 pounds.

But I am not lots of people, and it says here that in the month of December I am going to lose 10 pounds. By following the regimen.

That's my story and I am sticking to it.


Tuesday's Soundtrack


It's been a nice day so far, due in no small part to the fact that I finished a long copywriting assignment last night, and I am determined to do my own work at least for the next few days, rather than theirs. How long? Well, at least until Tuesday....



This one goes out to all the people I care about who are in tough relationships with people who work way too hard to control them. You know who you are.

Friday Soundtrack

Sing it, Chrissie.



The powers that be
That force us to live like we do
Bring me to my knees
When I see what they've done to you
But I'll die as I stand here today
Knowing that deep in my heart
They'll fall to ruin one day
For making us part

0 comments: